Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Working on a Deere 1026r and the forward and reverse pedals…

Customer Question
Working on a John Deere...
Working on a John Deere 1026r and the forward and reverse pedals are stiff and won’t move the tractor. If pressed it will stall out the tractor
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
8/5/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Pedals are stiff makes me think the drive shaft between the engine and the transmission is not turning the transmission input shaft. Check the shaft and the drive coupler all the way to the input shaft.

It is spinning

It is turning the input to the transmission? Then you have an internal problem.

It will stall the engine if you push the pedal either one. You can hear the pump. It will even do it in neutral low and high. It won’t move forward or reverse

OK> Typically if pedals are hard, you have no pressure. If it has pressure, then something has locked up. Did it quit under use or???

Yeah I made a hard turn going up a hill and I hesitated then it stopped and I had to winch it on the trailer to get it to my shop

OK<