Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a john deere e140 mower. Half-way done mowing and the…

Customer Question
Hi. I have a...

Hi. I have a john deere e140 mower. Half-way done mowing and the forward pedal is stuck in the depressed position and will not return to neutral or shift into reverse (forward/reverse pedals stuck). Braking, starting/stopping blades, and turning on/off machine all work. Just as soon as my foot comes off the brake I'm auto full throttle.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I'm sure there's probably just a spring or pin somewhere that I engaged that locked the forward pedal in place, just unsure how to disengage it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Mower only has 17 hours on it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/17/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Does it have the cruise control? It could be locked on.

I figured it out. There was a rock stuck in the system by the back wheels. Able to get it out with a screw driver and everything popped back to neutral. Thank you

Good Job!