Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

When you go to crank it it just clicks. I really don’t know…

When you go to...

When you go to crank it it just clicks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I really don’t know I am checking for my husband is it important

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes he is bought a new battery and cleaned all the electrical terminals

7/10/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Ok thanks so much

Make and model? Single click when the key is turned to start?

5083e yes

Deere tractor. Is the click coming from the starter solenoid?

This is fine because I am his wife I am not fixing ithe said it was coming from thereit is a John Deere

If the starter solenoid is the click sound, the solenoid is not engaging the starter, so the starter solenoid needs to be replaced.

Oh he said it is making the clicking noise under the steering wheel too

OK> need to check the switch terminal on the starter solenoid when turning the key to start, to see if the starter switch terminal is getting 12 volts. If it is, solenoid problem, if no voltage, the relay under the dash needs to be replaced.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Ok

OK>