Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2350 deere 2wd that the steering has got very

Customer Question
Sir I have a...

Sir I have a 2350 john deere 2wd that the steering has got very stiff, below the steering wheel is a large black casing is the problem in it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was going to try my dad bought the tractor new. haven't had no bad problems.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/9/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

okno

Raise the front wheels and see if id both wheels have movement in the kingpin to axle joint, you may just have a front-wheel binding in the kingpin, and may need to be greased. The problem will not be the black box!

when you start the tractor it turns to the left without touching the steering wheel.you have to force it to turn back to the rightThe tractor turns to the left when you first crank it up and you have to force it to go right

Then it may have a steering box problem.

The hydraulic lines go in to a rectangle box under the steering wheel there is no steering linkage

Hydrostatic steering and the box directs the fluid to steer right or left. Do you see a steering cylinder on the front axle?,

two

Then it can be one of the cylinders bypassing.

Does that block control that flowIs there a proportional value in side of the block

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/57079/referrer/navigation/pgId/204570377

The orbital controls the flow to the two cylinders, nothing else.