Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

JD 4300 intermittant power to the fuel solinoid. John Deere…

Customer Question
JD 4300 intermittant power...

JD 4300 intermittant power to the fuel solinoid

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

John Deere 4300 Compact Utility Tractor. Dont know where the serial number is

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

OK

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have replaced the relay and the thermistor and eliminated the thermistor and both methods work intermitantly. But not completely

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
7/8/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

You have checked the voltage to the fuel solenoid? Is the key switch sending 12 volts to close the relay? Do you have 12 volts to the power terminal on the relay? And does the relay send 12 volts to the solenoid as soon as the key is turned on?

I have disassembled the whole circuit and bypassed the thermistor and it works until all is back in place. Then stops again. Multople times.

Voltage drops? Does it drop at key switch? The ground cable on battery clean and tight on both ends?