Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I just bought a brand new Kubota bx2680 and with 5 hours on…

I just bought a...

I just bought a brand new Kubota bx2680 and with 5 hours on it it's blowing blue smoke

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model sfbx-f268, serial number 32846

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

No it's under warranty,it only has a few hours on it,just trying to see what's going on with it

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

It blows blue smoke under load,if you idle it down it doesn't smoke

7/3/2020
Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your new Kubota. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online.

Verify the engine oil level is correct. Inform the Kubota dealer so it is documented. The reason I say that is because of this. You are still in the break-in period whereas bearings and seals and rings are working into a groove and sealing themselves up. It will take to about 10 hours to get fully broken in. If it is still smoking then, then there is an issue that needs to be addressed. This blue smoke can be from a crankcase venting concern or an over-fueling injector issue meaning it would need to go in for a warranty repair.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need to follow up on this concern please use the reply button. If you are satisfied with my answer please reply, let me know so I can complete your question. Stay safe (Covid). Moose

Ok thank you sir,have a good holiday weekend

You are welcome

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician