Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

1999 tn65 new Holland tractor changed hydraulic and

Customer Question
1999 tn65 new Holland...

1999 tn65 new Holland tractor changed hydraulic and transmission filters on the front end loader won't more

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I have a new Holland TN65 tractor. Everything started about a month ago. Everything was perfect. I got the tractor cranked you and wouldn't move. Everything else worked great. Sooo I removed the filters changed the hydraulic filter had order transmission filter put it on today. Still won't move but the front end loader doesn't work. Help

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does this cost anything ??

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/16/2020
Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your RV. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online.

• Is your tractor hydrostat, or manual shift with a clutch?
  • Does the power steering work?
  • Does the 3-point linkage work?
  • Do you notice an engine sound change or whining noise when trying to operate the FL?
Its not an RV. Nothing works. Except the steering it works

Sorry about that, I meant to hit NH but hit RV.

Is your tractor hydrostat, or manual shift with a clutch?

Do you notice an engine sound change or whining noise when trying to operate the FL?

Hydrostatic on the column and clutch. No noise

Thanks,

You have described a concern whereas the tractor is not priming up the hydraulic pump or the pump has failed. Things you can try are.

1. Remove the pressure supply hose to the front loader, hold it high, and pour hydraulic fluid into it. Try to get at least a quart in it if you can. Then reconnect it quick, start the tractor and see if the front loader now works.
  2. Overfill the case with about 2 gallons of fluid to see if the pump now picks up the fluid and starts working.

If both fail then the pump needs to be removed, inspected to see if the pump has failed or if the pressure relief valve is stuck open so itis just dumping the pressure made back into the return line.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need to follow up on this concern please use the reply button. If you are satisfied with my answer please reply, let me know so I can complete your question. Stay safe (Covid). Moose

How about the tractor not moving

It is a hydrostat tractor. The hydraulic pump is needed for the FL, transmission, and 3-point.

10-4

Glad to help

Where is the presure supply hose locatedAny pics

I cannot locate a good picture of the hydraulic block hose configuration. You can follow the hoses though. Any that go to the front loader are not the ones you need. That leaves 2 left. The pressure supply and pressure return.

I'll let tou tomorrow out hydraulic fluid

Hopefully with good news.

Bare with me I'm old. The pto is working

The PTO doe not use the hydraulic pump.

55357;�

We can not see emojis, so I do not know what you sent. All we see is ??

10-4 I was sending thumbs up

Thanks