Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How to adjust the grass height cut in 420 john deere. My 420…

Customer Question
How to adjust the...

How to adjust the grass height cut in 420 john deere

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

My 420 cuts the grass too high how to adjust the movwer so it can cut it little shorter

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

The lever on the extreme side is it letting it move this , it used to go up and down with the left extreme lever, but it seems it is not letting it go up or down, or is there any other way the grass can be cut short

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No,all i want my grass size should be shorter

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/10/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

how can i cut the grass shorter in length by adjusting the deck or some thing else

The lever is binding or is not releasing so the deck can't be lowered? The lever has a finger that holds it in the slots, Look inside at the ginger, and see if it moves when the pushbutton on the handle is pished. Usually, with a long screwdriver or a bar, you can move the finger and get the deck unlatched so it will move.

no i cant pay that amount it is too much for me

We don't need the call! We can continue here for no added charges.

you can keep the initial one doller even iplease dont charge me more than 0ne dollar

OK>

any other adjustment by screwing or onscrew

Just the lever, if it has no adjustment the link to the dek might need to be replaced.