Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How to remove and replace rear axel seal on Mahindra 2810.

How to remove and...

How to remove and replace rear axel seal on Mahindra 2810

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Agricultural tractor2810 serial:2810 w12 0621

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. So far I have removed wheel and four bolts holding the outside seal housing

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Don’t know yet

6/10/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Ok!

Do you have pictures or a parts manual on this model? With most tractors, to replace the rear seals, the axle trumpet housing has to be removed from the center housing, to get to the axle retainer, so the axle will come out of the housing, and the seal can be replaced.???

dont See any way to get in the back of differential.It’s a shuttle shift style of transmission . Sharing hydraulic fluid with pto and front bucketI do not have a manual for this

Mahindra has taken all their parts manual off the internet, so no way to see the installation. Can you attach a picture of the seal housing? Will the seal go over the axle end?

It will not go over axel end.What number do I send a pic to?

There is an attaching Icon near the typing bar, Look for a tree or paperclip.

File attached (SM6V4G6)

Thanks for the video, just as I thought, you have to go all the way to the circle of bolts where the trumpet fastens to the center section, and remove it there. So all the Ubolts and supporting hardware has to come off, so the axle end can be slipped out.

Ok. Looks like I need to buy a service manual. Thanks!

Yes, it is a bear to get the housing off the center housing.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Very satisfied with the answeres