Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Engine shut off while i was mowing a field jd 4320. Not sure…

Customer Question
Engine shut off while...

Engine shut off while i was mowing a field jd 4320

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Not sure on serial number but its a Johnd deere compact utility tractor model 4320

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself checked fuel lines and fuses

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
6/8/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Does the starter spin the engine? Is the battery voltage above 12.5 volts? Or is the engine spinning, just not starting.

ok
so i was mowing a field and my john deere 4320 shut off. tried to start it again and the engine cranks but does not startdiesel tank has fuefuelare you there?

Yes, on the left end of the injection pump is the fuel solenoid, is it opening when the key is turned on? You may have to remove it and check the operation.

ok is it easy to remove? and where is it located exactlyshould i hear a click when i turn the key?

Sorry, this is a larger tractor and doe snot have the Yanmar diesel. It has Deere. It uses a different type of solenoid to kill the engine.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/61780/referrer/navigation/pgId/508008

i will see if its solenoid thx

This uses a unit injector system and has a fuel transfer pump that sends the fuel to the passage in the cylinder head. Are you getting fuel past the transfer pump, it is after the filter, and before the line to the head, driven off the camshaft.