Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 6200 cab tractor. The clutch does not seem to

Customer Question
I have a 6200...

I have a 6200 cab tractor. The clutch does not seem to completely disengage. Difficult to put into gear or into the 4 ranges. When i do get into gear the tractor does not creep. when i release clutch to moves as it should. If I am shifting on the go no problem.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok Thank You

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No Just this

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/29/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Ok. Thanx.

How much free play do you have in the clutch? Around an inch of free play will give the most puh on the clutch. If it still grinds with an inch of freeplay, the clutch may need to be replaced.

I have about an inch of freeplay. There is no clutch slippage when engaged.

You could try taking as much freeplay out as possible, then if the clutch does not completely release, it's not going to, without replacement.