Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I was mowing yesterday, stopped the mower to move a chair…

Customer Question
Good morning I was...

Good morning I was mowing yesterday, stopped the mower to move a chair out of my way, and the blades would not reengage when I tried. I have a D140 JD mower

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Let me pull the serial

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

There is power - I'm thinking a fuse - I checked the fuse up top and it is fine, but I've heard there is a separate fuse for the blades - but I don't know where to look. I doubt it is the clutch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not really - it has 400 hours on the engine.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/27/2020
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

I go offline between 3-4 Pm CST. M-F

Weekend 2-3 pm CST

If you have voltage to the PTO clutch then it did fail. Remove it and check it with a battery jumper wire

it should click when putting voltage to it.

I hope this helps you.

I swapped the PTO out to a new one - no change?I don’t have a voltmeter - what should I do

Do you have a test light?

If not pick one up at the parts store $5.

use that.

I’ve already purchased a new PTO and swapped it out with no change.

Yes, I see that but you need to check if you have battery voltage there

at the PTO plug.

Morning,

If you have any follow up questions, please let me know using the reply button. If you are satisfied with my help, please let me know so we can complete your question.