Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Looking for a resource to find gears for a JD LX172 manual…

Customer Question
Looking for a resource...

Looking for a resource to find gears for a JD LX172 manual transmission. Any ideas?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

MOL172X096732

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Transmission number 801 060 ser. #: 40050045 - I have pulled the transmission apart and gears #5 and #34 according to the exploded transmission are stripped.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No - looks like JD doesn't support this model other than tune-up and cleaners - looking for a resource to reach out to, thanks.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Help!
5/27/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

thanks for the information Dan! Greatly appreciated!

You are very welcome.