Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere 770 tractor, diesel, familiar with it? I was…

I have a Deere...

I have a Deere 770 tractor, diesel, familiar with it?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I was mowing and hit a stump with the loader, was driving very slow, the tractor stalled, when I went to restart it just cranks but won't fire up. I pulled every plug part I could find and replugged. I also shot some starting fluid into the air intake and it fired and ran, seems like a full issue

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The manual is no help but mentions a fuel cutoff switch or relay is there one that gets triggered in a minor bump?

5/24/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Ready

It has a fuel solenoid, external tot he injection pump. is it working when you turn the key on and off? It has to have battery voltage to work.

https://partscatalog.deere.com/jdrc/sidebyside/equipment/68154/referrer/navigation/pgId/2451978

Sorry we're getting hammered with a bad storm. I'll look at this after I bring the car in

OK>

Curtis since I dont know if you saw my initial writing here goes,....I was mowing and hit a stump with the loader while driving very slow. the motor instantly stalled with the jolt. Now it cranks strongly but won't start. I did spray in some starting fluid and it fired up so its not electrical and appears indeed to be fuel. Is there a shutoff that pops when jolted?Curtis I noticed that part and thought it might be the fuel pump so its a shutoff solenoid, how do I reset it or has a fuse or relay been blown? I dont hear any noise whirring or spinning when I turn the power on.
Responded to your question

If you flip the switch on and off, this fuel shutoff should move in and out. It has to have battery voltage when the key is on. If no voltage, then check the fuses.

Thanks will doFlip the switch, do you mean key the ignition?

Yes

I found the fuel cut off wasn't working. Moved it by hand and the motor ran. Went and checked fuse and it was blown so replaced and it's running again. Thanks!

Good job!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician