Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere riding mower. I put the deck under the mower.

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere riding mower. I put the deck under the mower. Hooked everything up. The mower will not engage. I have gone over all the connections many times. Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. thanks

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/24/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! I will try my best to help!

Okok

Model number? Dek size? Is deck powered with an electric clutch or a manual lever?

noD105. manual lever42"

With the engine off, look under the deck at the cable that the lever moves, then pull the lever to engage the mower and see if the cable is moving the idler pulley? It should pull the idler and tighten the belt.??

ok. Not sure. Ive been trying to fix it since yesterday. Its all connected. It moves the idler pulley. it just won't turn on. The deck sat for two years under cover. Its only 6 years old. I'm going to take it to a shop. Thanks anyway.

Are all the blades free to turn? Does the belt turn all the blades freely?