Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Bought our first Deere. E170 model, had no starter at the…

Customer Question
Bought our first John...

Bought our first John Deere. E170 model, had no starter at the time of delivery. Just had our 2nd John Deere E170 delivered and it starts fine, blades engage fine. However, when you push the gas or reverse pedal, the transmission does not engage. We can not move forward or reverse.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Okay, thanks. I mean this is brand new, never used. I don't really know how long it sat, but it is perfectly clean.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can't think of anything else, other than it was purchased from Lowe's.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/20/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Is the free wheel lever on the back frame pushed in?