Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere 3410 hydrostatic mfwd with a backhoe

Customer Question
Hi there. I have...

Hi there. I have a John Deere 3410 hydrostatic mfwd with a backhoe attachment. Foreword and reverse is really weak until you raise the bucket then hydrostatic power is there. Seem like engine is under constant hydraulic load until you activate a function. Idle raises when you raise bucket then loads engine when the function is released. What could it be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that’s it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
5/11/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

The symptoms you describe lean towards a pump problem or failure occurring. Start by checking for fine metal or debris that looks like glitter in your hydraulic filter and oil which would confirm a pump or component failure existing. A pump or component failure would cause an excessive load on the engine if present. If this is clean, you will also want to check your control valve and relief valve cartridges for any metal or debris as well as any damaged O-rings or other damage such as scoring on the machine services that would cause them to stick or malfunction and either bypass pressure or cause a restriction allowing excessive pressure. Have your pressures and flows tested if no contamination is found to confirm whether or not the pressures and flows are within OEM specifications for your model and serial number service book. It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.

Thank you Dan. I will check out the condition of the fluid and relief cartridge’s. It may be a few days before I get back out to that tractor
Thank you for the update and it's a pleasure to help.
I'll let you know what I find.

Sounds good.