Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Replace brake rod oil seal on left side of ford new holland…

Replace brake rod oil...

Replace brake rod oil seal on left side of ford new holland 3430

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

1996 Ford New Holland 3430 front wheel assist. I need to know if it is possible to change seal out on the farm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Hope to be able to fix here. need to know if there is a way to change the seal without taking rear end apart

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Equipment Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that should do it

5/4/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Responding e mail

Yes, the seal is external to the rear axle housing, you just remove the hardware on the brake rod, remove the old seal, and drive in the new seal over the brake rod, reinstall the brake rod hardware and your done

Ahhhh! Thank you! Was picturing taking off wheel, disassembling housing.....Thank you very much

#11 in the parts list below.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician