Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My riding mower won't engage the pto to make the blades

Customer Question
My riding mower won't...

My riding mower won't engage the pto to make the blades spin

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Where do I find the serial number. It is a D105

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am. I have checked the cable. I just changed my blades and there was a bunch of twine wrapped around the blade

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
4/30/2020
Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your JD mower. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online.

• When you engage the mower blades, does the engine bog down?
  • When you engage the blades does the lever feel to easy to move?
the lever is easy to moveNo do not call me

Thanks, ***** ***** you look under the mower while off as another moves the engagement lever. See if the belt is broken, or has popped off a pulley. See if the belt tensioner is or is not moving when the lever is moved. The lever should move the tensioner arm and pulley and make the belt very tight.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have any follow up questions on this concern please use the reply button to let me know. If you are satisfied with my answer please reply, let me know so I can complete your question.

Are you still needing assistance? Please reply and let me know if more help is needed or if you are all good.

I'm going to go ahead and mark your question complete if more help is needed, all you need to do is reply.