Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Deere 4400 only lifting 50% and only on high rpm. JD 4400…

Customer Question
John Deere 4400 only...

John Deere 4400 only lifting 50% and only on high rpm

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

JD 4400 only lifting 50% and only on high rpm

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, changed filter, HD fluid I full

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/27/2020
Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your JD tractor. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online.

• Are you referring to the front loader or the 3-point or both?
  • Is it only lifting 50% height or only 50% of its weight capacity?
LoaderThe back lift is slower alsoMore power if stoped but lifting is very slow if bucket is full of dirt

Thanks, ***** ***** the 3-point and loader are down, do you get a while noise or moan noise as if the hydraulic pump is trying to move something?

No noiseTo lift the front wheels off the ground it did it by push forward on the stick now I have to push forward and is it in and it takes approximately 30 seconds to respondIs there a screen anywhere next to the hydraulic pump or in the line

Thanks,

I believe in your case the pump is to blame. I believe it has gotten weak and it is no longer pushing out the correct pressure and flow to run the hydraulics. A pump pressure and flow test needs to be done to confirm them before replacing the pump. The only other possible cause I could see if a concern with the pressure regulator sticking not allowing pressure to get up high enough or the front loader dump valve is scored resulting in the pressure being made, is being wasted and dumped back into the case.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have any follow up questions on this concern please use the reply button to let me know. If you are satisfied with my answer please reply, let me know so I can complete your question.

Did not really help much

I am still able to help. Are you still need more assistance?

-

-

-

No

Thanks, ***** ***** mark your question complete.