Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Kubota ZG 222a mower won't run. I tracked it down to the…

Hey CurtisMy Kubota ZG 222a...
Hey CurtisMy Kubota ZG 222a mower won't run. I tracked it down to the fuel solenoid not getting power.
I wired it to the fuel pump and it runs but I bet it will burn up the solenoid. What is the permanent fix?
Answered in 2 days by:
4/29/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Sorry, the question was under small engines, and I am no longer in that category, the question has been changed to ag and farm equipment so I can now respond. The fuel solenoid on the engine can have 12 volts to it from any source, usually, it would be attached at the key switch, bit running it off the fuel pump power, which is powered only when the engine is running, will work. I would leave it where it is unless you want to follow the wire back to the key switch and found why it has lost voltage.

Ok, so there is no resistor in line to reduce amperage? I did this to my JD tractor and the solenoid got quite hot. Thats normal?

No, on the gas enh=gine, it gets full battery voltage. On the diesel engine, the shutoff has three wires, and two coils, the large coil gets power on start only, it is the pull coil, that is the one will get hot if it stays on, the small coil should get battery voltage and it is the hold coil, and has battery voltage as long as the key is on, it does not get hot.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Got it, Thanks

Thank you!