Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a M4030SU that I added a DEER Loader to a few years…

I have a M4030SU...

I have a M4030SU that I added a DEER Loader to a few years back everything worked fine but just the other day the Bucket is inoperable (no Curl or Lift). The Loader it self is fine just the Bucket. I replace the Control Valve (Block) with an aftermarket to see if it was an internal issue but didn't change anything. I have removed and reinstalled all the Fitting to make sure one didn't come loose they are all good and no leaks. I pulle dthe small Allen Head from one of the Rams for the Bucket nothing is even seaping out. Is it possible to have a Hydraulic issue inside the Ram?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Kubota M4030SU Serial 23509

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I did check the fluid level it is good as well. When I attempt to operate the Bucket you can see the Hoses kinda jump as if they are receiving fluid. The strange thing is I was using the tractor moving landscape rock for about a 1/2 hour prior to this happening it was working fine then nothing!

4/17/2020
Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your Tractor. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online.

• Will the 3-point lift travel up and down correct?
  • You said the curl and lift are not working but the loader is fine. Can you better explain that? If the front bucket will not raise, I do not understand how the loader is fine.
Me either yes the 3point is fineJust the bucket will not work curl or lift.

So the front loader lift arms will go up/down but the bucket will not roll forward and backward, correct?

correctSorry still at work!

Thanks, ***** ***** one of your rams for the bucket tilt has a blown internal seal. If you have a one ram setup then you would just need to overhaul one. If you have a 2 ram setup then remove and block off the lines to one at a time. You can test this by swapping the lines at the valve block so tilt now raises and lowers. If the tilt movements will now move the lift arms correct then it is for sure the ram(s)/cylinders at fault.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have any follow up questions on this concern please use the reply button to let me know. If you are satisfied with my answer please reply, let me know so I can complete your question.

Ok thank you I will try that suggestion

Glad to help

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician