Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Have 9200 JD tractor and it is hard to put or change gears.

Have 9200 JD tractor...

Have 9200 JD tractor and it is hard to put or change gears. like clutch has not stopped transmission. if you get rough with shift handle tractor tries to move. have to kill it and restart and be ready to shift before everything gets to moving.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Tractor only has 2000 hrs.

4/15/2020
Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), Technician replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), Technician

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your JD tractor. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online.

If it is hard to get into gear, it grinds, or it tries to move when you get the gear to engage with the clutch fully pressed. This indicates that the clutch is not releasing. Adjust the clutch pedal so there is 1 inch of free travel with the clutch not pressed. Then try again. If the issue persists then you will need to split the tractor to check the pilot bearing and pressure plate. It is possible the clutch disc is worn so thin that the pressure plate fingers are overextended causing the release bearing and clutch fork to not be able to travel far enough to release the clutch disc from the flywheel and pressure plate squeezing force.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have any follow up questions on this concern please use the reply button to let me know. If you are satisfied with my answer please reply, let me know so I can complete your question.

Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Some one told me that the throw out bearing and clutch plate may not be moving on the splines on the shaft. That you may need to get some oil or penetrant on the shaft so it moves freely. Is there anyplace to access or be able to open a cover to even expose the clutch? Or have you heard of such? With the few hrs on tractor I would think that the clutch should not be worn that much
Phone call session started

.

Can I get your first name before I call?

Chris

Max

Nice talking to you Max

Thanks

Glad to help.