Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Massey 385 stuck inside a shipping container I hope you are…

Customer Question
Massey 385 stuck inside...

Massey 385 stuck inside a shipping container Hi I hope you are doing well can you please help ?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I m chatting on behalf of my husband, he is in remote area and does not have access to internet. he went to receive our tractors/ excavators. and one of them is stuck inside a shipment container

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Any tips how to get it to start please? two started just fine, the third would not. the legs are stuck down

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

THANK YOU very much :)

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/7/2020
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Does the engine crank over just not start?

HelloWayneAre you therehello
i m hereit is in the container and we can not get it to lift the legs so we unload itis there a safety buttonare you there

HI,

Yes I am here.

no

HI,

Thank you for that.

No safety button.

Needs to check the battery voltage. Or turn the lights on and turn the key to start and see if the lights dim.

is there a safety button i can release to get the tractor out
pleaselight and all is there
but the hydraulics are not working

HI,

What safety button/ For the engine?, I told you no there was not.

light and all is there
but the hydraulics are not working

So does this mean the engine is running hydraulics don't work?

HI,

So now the engine is running, correct.

Because 15 minutes ago you said the engine would not start.

I am sorry, I am getting info from my husband who is remote ( no internet where the tractor is being delivered)He says the engine is not starting at allThe tractor is stuck inside the containerthey can not get to work to lift the legs so they unload itLights are workingBattery if fineThe rest is notAny ideas please

Morning,

I go offline between 5-6 pm CST.

Tell him to spray starting fluid in the air intake

see if it runs for a few seconds.