Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a mahindra 4025 4wd tractor the right front wheel is…

Customer Question
I have a mahindra...

I have a mahindra 4025 4wd tractor the right front wheel is leaking oil i got a seal and o ring need help taking it aprt

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Model4025

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes took tire off

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/3/2020
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 2 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Click on the link below for the full parts breakdown for your right-hand front axle assembly and hub. Grab your seal part number and compare it to the parts diagram and parts breakdown shown in the illustration. This will show you how the axle and hub assembly is assembled. If you still have questions, please let me know the item numbers and part numbers of the exact seals in this assembly that you are replacing and I can let you know any potential shortcuts there may be to replace them if any further help is needed. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.

The link did not show up

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/HeavyEquipmentTech/a99c686d-a3da-4795-807f-2784bc855f83_4025_RH_hub.pdf

The link is showing on my side of the screen. Try the link above even if you have to copy and paste it into your web browser.

ThanksDo you take the housing off to get to the o ring and seal

Which O-ring and seal are you replacing from the diagram I provided?

24 and 31

It is number 24 you have to remove all the bolts around the perimeter of that housing to disassemble the housing and get to the O-ring.

Drain that hub assembly by removing plugged number 22, and you will have to remove all of the bolts around the perimeter to disassemble that hub after it's drained.

All the oil has leaked out already that's the main reason for the fixIt looks like the hub the tire mounts to was coming out once I got the tire off

If that is the case, then it sounds like there are bigger problems once you open up that case such as gears and bearing problems. That could get expensive. You will need to see the extent of the damage once it's all apart.

Ok thanks I will find out more tomorrow

You're very welcome.

There was a spring that came out of the spindle house there is not a number for it I will send a picAlso the spindle will not sit all the way in the housing
That is part of the seal. That holds the lip of the seal against the shaft. It stays in the new seal and is why you are not seeing that separately.
Oh ok
You're very welcome.
Ok I can't get the bevel gear out to get to the seal any tricks you may know
Remove 29 and 30 retainers for that to come apart. You may need a small press to press the shaft out of the bearing race.
I need a press to remove 29

The diagram shows bolts.