Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I purchases a 12V outlet kit for my E-140 Deere lawn

I purchases a 12V...

I purchases a 12V outlet kit for my E-140 John Deere lawn tractor, but the instructions say that it is only for the D series tractor. Can I still install it? thanks,

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I purchased a 12V power outlet to install on My John Deere E-140 lawn tractor, but the instructions say it is for the D series. CanI still install it?***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope. Thanks,

3/30/2020
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

What type of 12-volt outlet is it?

A power outlet for a John Deere E 140 lawn tractor. Used to plug in a 12V sprayer

No, you can not put it on E 140.

The E 140 is a JD engine.

and the D 140 is a Briggs Straton engine.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks

you are very welcome.

Bs safer, stay healthy and wash hands often.

Wayne, Journeyman