Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Diesel B1900, mower was working well. Heavy grass disengaged…

Customer Question
Diesel B1900 , mower...

Diesel B1900 , mower was working well. Heavy grass disengaged mower & cleaned out grass . mower deck would not re-engage

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Kubota B1900 diesel about 30 years old, don't have serial# *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes ,cleaned deck checked blades ,turn easily . Have not taken mower off engine.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No ,engine running great.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
3/21/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

This is lawn tractor not a vehicle. do I need to take mower deck off from engine

Is your deck engaged with a button on the dash? Electric clutch to drive the deck? Look at the electric clutch, you likely pulled a wire loose from the electric clutch.