Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have z421 komander pro and was mowing for about an hour,I…

I have z421 komander...

I have z421 komander pro and was mowing for about an hour,I smelled a burning smell like a belt slip and then the mower stopped pulling.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I’m getting it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet just checked the fluid

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Machine mod#z421kw

2/22/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Ok

The mower uses a drive belt from the engine to the two transmissions, if both transmissions do nothing, this belt is broken or off a pulley, see the link below,

My 0 turn Kubota z421 just stopped pulling after mowing for about an hour.It smelled like a belt slipping alsoI will check it out. Thank you

Let me know.

Belt is still on but looks like it is stretched

It is the top belt, the lower belt drives the deck.

Yea I see it. Looks like it's gonna be fun to change

Oh yes!

I got under it while my wife pushed forward and the belt did not try to move. Looked like pulley tightened the belt but no movementIs that a clutch of some kind that has a wire coming out of it? The shaft from motor with belt wrapped on pulley
At times it tries to pull a littleNot trying it but a few seconds

The electric clutch is for the deck. The belt above it is the transmission belt. Did you see the link I sent?

I did

OK> The drive belt has an idler and spring that keeps it tight. Is the spring in place?

Spring is 110

I will check. Don't remember seeing it before. Gotten dark on me getting a light now

OK>

I see no spring and the pulley moves back and forth with ease. That must be it. Thank you so much!Bingo just found it in the yard

!!!

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician