Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have just acquired a G214 the front hub housing separated…

Hi Chris I have...

Hi Chris I have just acquired a G214 the front hub housing separated from the diff housing with a broken axle the housing can be repaired but I need a new crown as the one that has the axle passes through has lost some teeth I do not know a lot about where to buy and what I am looking for in part description could you help me please. Thanks Doug

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sorry at the moment the tractor is in town I am getting the hub repaired so i can put the wheel on to bring it back home I have a manual and on the front page it says Bolens Front End Loader . Model 17395 for Diesel Tractors 2102 & 2104 , I would have to go back into town and check The bloke repairing the hub should be finished tomorrow . How do i get a manual for the tractor, Doug

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thank You

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can i still get a manual for relick, Doud

waiting for and answer. Doug
2/4/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

https://www.amazon.com/Bolens-G214-Tractor-Service-Manual/dp/B00CMW9IX4

Thank you for The Info I have got on to a manual from ebay I need to get parts numbers before I go blind into ordering this G 214 is old so finding parts may be difficult for the front hub I am lookin for a crown 2 teeth are missing I think that's what it's called. Doug

Crown would be ring gear.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
I would call you but could you tell me the part number I needed. I have to go into town and get details of the tractor before I talk to you and a a photo. Thanks DougI will also go into town with the parts and get a mechanic to tell me what the parts are called no good going in halfcoked, Cheers Doug

OK>