Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 5065 Deere 2016 4x4 tractor with out cab want start…

Customer Question
I have a 5065...

I have a 5065 john Deere 2016 4x4 tractor with out cab want start vot new battery from John deere it's getting fire to solenoid and starter but only clicks

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Put new battery checked fire to solenoid and starter it's hot

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No sir

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
1/12/2020
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 2 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Ok

Can you turn the engine with a wrench? When did it last run? Are you getting full battery voltage to the starter? Does the battery voltage drop when you click the starter? of the voltage drops to around 9 volts, the starter is bad, or the engine is locked.

Full battery voltage to starter and solenoid and it's a brand new battery all it does when I turn key over is clickEngine turns when I pull on belt it's like a have a starter fuse outI've checked all the fuses in the box and they all show good can you tell me were the 30 amp acc fuse for starter is located

I thought you said the starter solenoid was clicking? If it is, check voltage at the starter. Any fuses would be in the fuse panel.

# 5 is fuse under the hood. near the starter.