Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My 3203 deere tractor shuts off when i put it in gear. This…

My 3203 john deere...

My 3203 john deere tractor shuts off when i put it in gear

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

This is the first time it has ever happenedi use it every day

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not done anything it is in a field an i need to get it back to my shed

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can i toe it back in with out doing any damage

12/15/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

What you are describing is the safety switch Trans neutral switch or the brake safety switch is faulty

or come unplugged, Yes, you can tow back to the shop make sure it is in neutral.

I hope this helps you.

Wayne thank u I will tow it back to my shop an start lookin for the switch do u have any idea were it is located please
Thank u so much I will spend the rest of the day working on it

You are welcome.

Wayne, Journeyman
Hi Wayne I was blowing my tractor off with air to get dirt away to look at it an it is going I don't no wat I did but it is running again I would still like to find the switch r switch's just to b sure it doesn't happen again but the wireing has me confused as to were it is thanks, mike.

Hi Mike,

On Sunday I am on /off football.

the switches are in the harness. Look at the brake foot pedal, The gear shift linkage, and the seat switch.

But I do not think the seat switch is the issue.

Thank u ��hope ur team is winning

HI,

You are more than welcome

I was born and raised in Chicago, but a Green Bay Packers Fan

YES !!! they won again.

my team as well but I didn't see the game as they didn't show it today

Hey,

Where you at?

Wyne

Winchester va

Morning,

Good Games yesterday.

they were I saw clips of my packers hope they play well next week against the Vikings

Yea, the Vikings can be tuff.

Hopefully we get to see them play

Yes, we will.

I am 33 miles west of Chicago, this year I seen ever game.

Lucky u we don't get to see all there games

This is the 1st year that it happened.

They had Thursday night and Monday.

Bears had Monday ad Thursday games so the Packs played on Sundays

do they play on Sunday

No, it is a Monday night game.

The following week Sunday at the Lions. noon