Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

01 JD 710G backhoe has developed a very strange problem. I…

01 JD 710G backhoe...

01 JD 710G backhoe has developed a very strange problem

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I thought I had that info in my phone but can't find it

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fixing it myself if I can troubleshoot it correctly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nope, that's about it!!

The hoe and stabilizers work either not at all or very slowly by themselves, but if I move the front bucket at the same time they work nearly perfectly!!
11/25/2019
Mechanic: Keiphun Sowell, Owner Brothers Restoration/Troubleshoot replied 3 years ago
Keiphun Sowell
Keiphun Sowell, Owner Brothers Restoration/Troubleshoot

Hello, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today.

When is the last time you have your hydraulic fluid and filters changed?

New fluid because of loss due to a broken hose, haven't changed filters in quite a while.

I recommend changing the filters then try the functions again.

Keiphun Sowell
Will do!! It had to be just that simple, didn't it!! �� Thanks for the diagnosis ��