Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Tractor will not start. Fuses all good and battery 12.7

Customer Question
Tractor will not start ...

Tractor will not start

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

OK

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. Fuses all good and battery 12.7 volts

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
b 2650 hsd with serial number 62266. All I get is a click.
10/25/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

Do you have a voltmeter?

If yes, check the voltage at the starter before and during cranking.

If the voltage is 13.7 at the starter before cranking battery good,

If not have the battery load tested, free auto parts store.

if it drops below 11.2 again load test battery , and or remove and clean terminals with sandpaper.

I hope this helps you.

Wayne, it will not turn over. However, I do have a volt/ohm meter.

Thank you for the response.

I go offline at 5 PM CST, but do check in.

OK, with the voltmeter at the starter, turn the key and see what the voltage is at the starter

when you hear the click.

OK. Will do 1st thing in the morning. I will let you know what I find.
Thanks, Paul.

Morning,

OK, I am back online.

Wayne, it is the neutral safety switch on the forward/reverse pedal.
Now, how do I disable the switch and complete the circuit?

Join the wires together, use a paper clip.

KThanks

Welcome.