Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Second opinion] Error code on a Kubota b3350SU. Not sure…

Customer Question
Second opinion] Error code on...
Second opinion] Error code on a Kubota b3350SUJA: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?Customer: not sure about the serial number, but that?s the modelJA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?Customer: yes, I just bought it, used with 650 hoursJA: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?Customer: the transmission case was pretty much empty. I filled it per instructions. Error code is ?err21?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
I am really interested in hearing from someone who has experience with this error. ERR-21. I really feel like it’s related to me adding transmission fluid, and not because it was low. I bought this tractor about a month ago, it’s a used B3350SU with about 630 hours on it. Because it’s new to me, and I’m not very experienced with tractors, I read the manual and saw that I should check the transmission fluid. The level wasn’t registering on the dipstick (which is only about 6 or 7 inches long). I went to the dealer, bought 2.5 gallons of the super iUDT2, and added at least a gallon I think, maybe more. Immediately after, I wanted to move the tractor outside of the garage to blow out the air filters and engine compartment so it wouldn’t get the garage dusty. I started it, pulled it forward about six feet, and stopped it. After blowing out the air filter and engine area, I went to pull it out a little further to possibly do some work, and that’s when the error showed up. Again, everything was running fine for at least an hour or so that I’d seen until I added fluid. So it seems related.I also wonder if it could be overfilled.
Answered in 2 days by:
10/22/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 2 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

How low was it on fluid?

If it was very low, you may have damage inside the trans.

I suggest checking the hydraulic and trans filters for metallic oil and metal pieces.

I hope this helps you.