Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a kubota l3800 that won?t start. I believe it is a…

Customer Question
I have a kubota...

I have a kubota l3800 that won?t start. I believe it is a kill switch issue. Could it be the pto kill switch ? If so, where is it located?

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll need to know a bit more before we can address your question. What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

L3800DT. Serial #86918. Year model 2014

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Going to try to fix it myself. Need to try to save money. I made sure the battery was fully charged The gauges all come on. I checked out the seat kill switch and didn?t find any issue there. The reason I suspect the pto is that I was in heavy brush. I did try the key, tractor in neutral .. there is a lick but ithe engine will not turnover

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Agriculture Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 day by:
10/15/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

Click on this link.

PARTS

Start by having your battery tested and confirmed that there are no internal problems such as bad cells or other issues that would cause the battery not to operate within its rated specifications. Check your cables and connections as well as your alternator and charging system for proper operation within specifications. Be sure to check all grounds as a poor connection can cause symptoms like you are experiencing as well as low-voltage or other ignition switch or ignition circuit related problems. Be sure to check your starter solenoid and verify you have full battery voltage going to the starter solenoid signal wire or S terminal to engage the starter motor. Check all of your safety switches such as your seat switch, neutral safety switch, clutch and PTO switch as well. You click on the link I provided, you will be able to access the full parts catalog for your model and serial number which will assist you in identifying all of your switch locations and which switches your model and serial number was specked out with and built with. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.