Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 79 JD 4040 with the 148 loader. The loader slowly…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a 79 JD 4040 with the 148 loader. The loader slowly creeps/raises up. My 148 operator manual says to see the tractor operator manual to "adjust rate of flow." However, the manual never addresses that that I can find.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Sorry, lost connectivity while I went to tracdtor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

4040II and SN 003309R

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Specific Model Correction John Deere 4040H and Loader is a JD Model 158 not 148.
Answered in 1 day by:
8/20/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

If it is actually creeping up, I would first check your oil condition and for what's in your filter or suction screen that would indicate a potential internal mechanical problem or failure occurring. If clean, inside your control valve to be sure it's not sticking and is free from any damage including the relief valve cartridges. Look for any damaged O-rings or components in your relief valves. If clean, have your pressures tested and confirmed whether or not they are within factory specifications . It is a pleasure to help anyway I can.