Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

John Deere 2720 New battery replaced, turn the key loud

Customer Question
John Deere 2720...

John Deere 2720 New battery replaced, turn the key loud click and everything stops. Tried 10 mins later, slight buzzing sound, followed by the click and everything stops.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Who will be answering my questions?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Replaced the battery with a new one, corroded terminal and no power in battery. Turned the ignition and click...like it shorts out.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
8/3/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue.

What you are describing is a faulty ground.

Check and sand clean all the grounds on the starter, the frame, and on the engine.

I hope this helps you.