Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a question about brush hogs (MX-6) and adjustments on…

Customer Question
Hello, I have a...

Hello, I have a question about brush hogs (MX-6) and adjustments on mowing height.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Good question. I don't have that with me. The mower is the MX-6 John Deere. with quick connect. All purchased with tractor 4052 M locally.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Ok thnaks, prob pretty easy.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Thats the main question. Thank you.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
6/13/2019
Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Technician replied 3 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Technician

.
sorry for the delay............
.
Hello and thank you for your question.
My name is Don (akaCustomer and I look forward to helping you!
Sorry to hear you are having problems today.
Please keep in mind that I DO NOT know your skill level.
The Web Site will prompt a phone call , I will let you know if it's needed..........
.
Your up and down height is adjusted by the 3 point Hydraulic Lever on the Tractor
The Level is adjusted by the Center Link connected to the Brush Hog Center Brace
I start with the Tractor and Brush Hog on Level Surface to connect
This way I can get the Center Link adjusted for the Brush hog to be level, and the 3 Point adjusted Level
Then when mowing I can adjust for a Level up or down mow of the Brush Hog
IF I need the Brush Hog to expel the grass more out of the back, I can adjust the Center Link (with Brush Hog down and on ground) to slightly lift the Rear up while mowing

.
Let me know if you need further.......
.