Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

2-105 hydraulic oil issue, also no pto. Hydraulic fluid

White 2-105 hydraulic oil...

White 2-105 hydraulic oil issue, also no pto.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Hydraulic fluid leaks from the top to the bottom, had it in the shop for $4k and a day after getting it back same issue. They said there was no hole in the pan. I read the other thread on here stating: "Mechanic: dd85There is no oil connection between the over/under to the hydraulics except for the Oil cooler.Please look at the attached.If you look at the over under cooler picture ref # 8 hose , just to the right of it is the spot for the Hydraulic oil cooler line.If these 2 are switched it would allow over under oil to go to the hydraulic oil and vise versa."

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be be same issue? Not sure of the serial, will have to look this weekend. The tractor is good for 30-45 min until the fluid drains down, then loss of power steering and loader. Have to drain fluid and replace up top. Also no pto, could this be related to the fluid issue? or did they mess it up when they had it apart?

5/31/2019
Mechanic: dd85, Foreman replied 3 years ago
dd85
dd85, Foreman

There are 3 ways the Hydraulic oil can move from the Hydraulic reservoir to the Differential.

1. Hole in the separating pan, Your shop says no. This can be tested by marking the hyd oil level, then let sit for a day or 2, did the level go down?

2. Through the PTO valve, Not common at all. Test hyd oil level only goes down when PTO is being used.

3. The main hyd pump is driven by a gear in the Transmission. Test, Only looses hyd oil when tractor is running. Make transfer more when remotes are used, Does not leak when tractor is not running.

The pressurized oil in the hyd pump is leaking past the pistons (case drain) and bypassing the Seal. Seal replacement only normally will not fix the problem. The problem is the Case drain, only way to repair is rebuild pump (not a good Idea ) or purchase a REMAN or aftermarket and replace.

Caution there were 2 different pump used in production, will need the numbers off the replacement.

See attached for breakdown

dd85
dd85, Foreman