Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Left axle wont turn while on a ,right axle rotates half

Customer Question
Hi,left axle wont turn...

Hi,left axle wont turn while on a jack ,right axle rotates half turn, its aJD318 hydrostat trans. Ipushed into yhe garage to change engine oil and clean. Puzzeled

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Product ID MOO318X294631 1985 JD318

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes DYI Nothing but change engine oil and pressure wash

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Everything worked fine last time it was used, only problem was bad battery over the winter

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
4/24/2019
Mechanic: Wayne, Journeyman replied 3 years ago
Wayne, Journeyman

Hi, I'm Wayne.

I'll be assisting you with this issue today.

Thank you for coming to Just Answer

Your Question is as important to us as it is to you.

Just Answer might prompt you for a phone call,

that request is not from me and is not necessary.

Is this engine running and in gear?

ENGINE RUNS,WHILE ON THE GROUND LEFT WHEEL CANNOT TURN,RIGHT WHEEL CAN SPIN

Morning,

Thank you for the response.

Did you have the rear wheel off for any reason?

The reason I ask there is a key to the hub that drives the wheel.