Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

My Deere x300 mower has started cutting the motor off when I…

Customer Question
My John Deere x300...

My John Deere x300 mower has started cutting the motor off when I engage the mower blade. It is very hard to get the engine started after that.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

My John Deere x300 mower has started cutting off when I engage the blades and is very hard to get the engine started back after that.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
For some time it has not wanted to crank up when you turn off the motor after using it a while. After it sits a while ,maybe an hour or so it will then crank right up
4/20/2019
Mechanic: Edward Haniewski,
 replied 3 years ago
Edward Haniewski

Hi, my name is ***** ***** John Deere expert. I'm looking forward to assisting you with your issue. Let's get started with your issue.

I going to need some more details on the machine. What year is the tractor? How many hours? The last time it was Maintenance? Battery? Engine? Belts? This information will help in getting us in the right direction.

I am unable to supply you with the info you requested about my mower until tomorrow.No I do not want to spend any more money since You have not helped me yet!The belts and battery have been replaced not long ago. The filters were changed a couple months ago. The mower is appromimatly 11 years old. I hav to check the hours on it in the morn. Can I still get an answer then without more money?
Mechanic: Edward Haniewski,
 replied 3 years ago

I don't request money from you. That is the website and just answer. I'm a independent John Deere expert that works for the site

Here is where you're going to want to check. After you have shut the mower down lets make sure that the blasdes are fully disengaging. If not this will give you a hard start condtion. Look at the drive belt from the engine to the mower deck to make sure it is loose when you disenegage mowing. Next look under the mower deck to make sure nothing is wrapped in the blades