Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

We have a case steiger 600 tractor which keeps showing low…

Customer Question
We have a case...

We have a case steiger 600 tractor which keeps showing low lube axel pressure

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

I only have it given yo ne as a steiger 600 tractor. My husband rang me to get some help. They are using this machine 500 kilometres away

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the equipment mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that the low lube axel pressure light keeps coming on

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
2/27/2019
Mechanic: Dan, Technician replied 3 years ago
Dan, Technician

Hi, My name is***** will be glad to help. We can follow up as needed on here, Give me some time to review your information and follow up with my responses. Professionals are not employees of the site but users of the site and help on here as time allows in between jobs, family, etc. Response time can vary depending on my work load each day but I will always respond back on my next available login. Feel free to respond back at anytime if for any reason we seem to get separated, for status, etc.

By chance can you get the serial number?

There are a few things that need to be checked and verified for this fault. First check the axle oil level and condition. I recommend servicing the axles to check for any signs of internal failure which would be any metal or debris in the oil that would confirm an internal problem. Also look for burnt or discolored oil as well as milkiness in the oil . If this is clean, verify you are not losing hydraulic oil from internal leakage in the braking system that would overfill the axles and cause oil to come out of the vent. This would mean internal leakage within the brake system. If none of this is present, you could have a sensor or wiring issue giving false readings. Check for a restricted filter as well. Look inside the hydraulic filters for any signs of metal or debris as well. It's a pleasure to help anyway I can.