Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Z915B model deere with a 60 inch deck, i hit a

Customer Question
I have a Z915B...

I have a Z915B model john deere with a 60 inch deck, i hit a sewer lid and it sounds like the blades may be offline and it is making a clattering noise on occasion.... your thoughts on how to fix it

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Thanks

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

No that's it, thanks

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
I tightened the nut holding the right blade a it appeared to be loose but it still clatters.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/13/2019
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

With unit OFF< check the blade alignment with each other. The tips should be close to each other and on the same level. They should not contact each other, or any part of the deck outer housing. There should be no wobble on the shaft to blade connection. Check the one you thought was loose and be sure the part is not cracked.