Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

How and where do I top up hydraulic fluid in a 2130 deere…

How and where do...

How and where do I top up hydraulic fluid in a 2130 John deere tractor

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Where do I add hydraulic fluid to a John Deere 2130 tractor with a front end loader?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

I am adding the fluid because one of the hydraulic hoses broke. I will be adding the fluid myself and want to check where the entry hole is and if there is any dipstick?

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Just that it is an old 2130 John Deere tractor which I have no manual for.

1/12/2019
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

See the link below filler and dipstick is at the three point housing in the rear.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/L100/L100581________UN03NOV95.gif

# 4 is the fill cap, dipstick should be next to the housing.

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Thank you. Approx. how far away is the dipstick from the fill cap, and is it likely to be on the right or left hand side of the fill cap. The reason why I ask is my farm and the tractor is 365km away from from where I live. The farm has no internent access so I cannot see any other info once I am at the farm.
I wish to with draw my good review and tell people justanswer is a scam ripoff who sucks people in with a $5.00 charge for an answer to a simple question then charges $50 plus a month for unauthorized membership. Beware people. I am currently waiting for a refund for this unauthorized membership charge.

Deere has changed the website since I sent the link! But the fill is in the front of the three-point housing, and the dipstick is at the rear of the tractor, to the right side of the lift arms. . I work from home and have nothing to do with the billing. sorry.