Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a challenger mt295b compact tractor and can"t get the…

I have a challenger...

I have a challenger mt295b compact tractor and can"t get the front wheel assist to engage. where do you start to diagnose problem?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Any ideas on where to start to diagnose why the front wheel assist on a challenger mt295b compact tractor will not engage?

1/8/2019
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi,let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

The first thing to check is the drive shaft couplers from the transmission to the front axle. Most front wheel drive problems are from broken shear pin or coupler can be at the transmission end, or the front differential.

I will start there and see what I can find!

OK>

Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician