Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Forward and reverse Travel Pedals suddenly failed to

Customer Question
Forward and reverse Travel...

Forward and reverse Travel Pedals suddenly failed to function (as though they were disconnected from the transmission) on John Deere 3038E. Transmission oil level was then noted to be low (just below dipstick). Adding 1 1/2 quarts of oil brought level up to XXX range. This did not solve the problem. Pedals would not work with shift lever in either high or low range. No error code shown on dash. What other things could we check?

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

That summarizes the problem.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/20/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Pedals work a set of sensors, and with losing both forward and reverse, the harness to the pedal sensors is damaged or unplugged. Look for a pulled wire near the pedals. you may have to remove the cover to see the sensor end of the harness.

Thank you. I will check this out tomorrow and hopefully that is the problem.

OK>

This tractor does not have pedal sensors.
Pedals are directly linked to the transmission hydrostatic valve control mechanism. However when I was looking for sensors I discovered a broken bracket that the petals are linked to and that was the problem. Removing the floorboard made the broken bracket more visible as shown in the attached photo

Good job! The smaller Deeres use different set up,sorryy