Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

Ford TW 25 farm tractor brakes have stopped workin disks…

Second opinion] Ford TW...

Second opinion] Ford TW 25 farm tractor brakes have stopped workin disks look fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

Have you found anyone

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

We pulled the hub to replace the axel seals figured we would change the disk while we were in there but it looks fine didn't know if the oil level being low ( from the seals being out could have damaged something )

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of

Answered in 1 day by:
11/12/2018
Mechanic: dd85, Foreman replied 3 years ago
dd85
dd85, Foreman

After reinstalling the Axles What kind of fluid did you use to bleed the brakes?

Did you use NH 73340450 which is an Oil based brake oil, Do not use Dot 3 or 4 fluid, Dot fluid will eat up the seals in the Master cylinder and wheel cylinders.

Did you bleed the Brakes?

Did you remove the Brake piston to see if the seals were okay??

I see you have read this, But have not answered my questions.

So I am thinking you need to get the correct Brake oil, the flush the brake system, The bleed the brakes.

If this doesn't create brakes, Yes remove both right and left axles and replace the seals on the pistons.

dd85
dd85, Foreman