Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a 2002 ford new Holland tractor with 1080 hrs. The…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 ford new Holland tractor with 1080 hrs. The clutch will not disengage thus I cant shift gears. It is a mechanical clutch. Before the heavy rain about two weeks ago, the tractor worked fine. There was water coming out of the weep hole. I was told the clutch may rusted . How can I fix this issue.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

In addition, there is metal plate cover on the floor under the seat. It is about 20 inches long and 6 inches wide. If I removed it would it expose the clutch.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/30/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 3 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

Clutch will not be exposed on most models. What is model number? With a stuck clutch disc, it can be unstuck , but requires some effort. The tractor has to be started in gear, after you bypass the neutral start switch. Tractor needs to be in a medium gear, not low. And the clutch pedal needs to be tied down, so the pressure plate is not holding the drive disc. Then with tractor headed in a safe direction, start tractor in gear and run tractor as you use the brakes to jerk the tractor, which will load the clutch disc. As soon as the disc comes loose the tractor will stop driving. Y can then release the clutch pedal and drive the tractor in normal matter.

I see the question is still open.??