Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

2015 JDS Z950M mower will not engage. What am I missing

Customer Question
2015 JDS Z950M mower...

2015 JDS Z950M mower will not engage. What am I missing here?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the complete model and serial number of your machine?

Z950M

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?

1TC950MCTFT030571

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

Brake is off, I am sitting on the seat with weight set at 70 kg, and elevating yellow knob will not engage mower.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/21/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

With the engine, OFF turn on key and flip on the blade switch, does the electric clutch click?

Does not click.

Are the wires attached to the electric clutch, under the engine, or could they be pulled loose?

I see the question is still open.??