Agriculture and Farm Equipment

Agriculture and farm Equipment repair questions? Ask a mechanic.

I have a Deere 1450 tractor. the hydraulic fluid was low and…

Customer Question
I have a John...

I have a John Deere 1450 tractor. the hydraulic fluid was low and the 3 pt hitch stopped working... I topped it off and still cant get it to raise.

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.

I would add that it has a loader on it and it is fully operational as is the power steering

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?

That is all

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Agriculture and Farm Equipment
10/11/2018
Mechanic: Curtis B., Technician replied 4 years ago
Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician

Hi, let's see if we can work together to get to the root of your problem! will try my best to help!

# 8 in the picture below is the pressure line to the three point. Do you have oil there? If not, the flow control valve is keeping the oil from the three-point.

http://jdpc.deere.com/pimages/RWP2/RWP2152________UN01JAN94.gif

yeah I have oil there. If I bring the rpms up it will lift very very slowly slowly not with any weight on it though

Is there a knob under the seat? Is the knob screwed out?

No mine doesn't have that option it does have a option for lowering the 3 point hitch gently but it does not have the lockout it's not equipped with it

OK. The three-point piston may be bad and is leaking internally. This would keep three-point from raising, and not holding the load.